I can’t say enough about Jordan. He’s essentially THE quintessential prog-rock keyboardist of the last decade or so. He’s most well known as the keyboardist (at least the one that’s been with them the longest) of Dream Theater. But he’s also appeared on a TON of other artists work … he’s a man who’s in demand.
This latest product announcement got me thinking … I have seen a LOT of Jordan Rudess over the past few years schlepping products (if you will). If you don’t know who he is, then check out his site or Wikipedia. I did a quick search of Jordan Rudess Demo and in the first five minutes, found these YouTube links to products that he’s demo’d:
- BeeBot (iPhone app)
- Tenori-On (alternate controller)
- MOTU Ethno (plug-in instrument)
- Spectrasonics Trillian and Omnisphere (plug-in instruments)
- Axis 64 (alternate controller)
- Ohm Force (plug-in effects)
- Moog Little Phatty (keyboard)
- Haken Continuum (alternate controller)
- Korg Nanokey (mini keyboard controller)
He’s also got a (very impressive) list of products that he endorses and uses on his site under JORDAN/ENDORSEMENTS & GEAR.
It’s not like Jordan is the ONLY prog-rock keyboardist out there. There’s fantastic folks such as Keith Emerson, Ryo Okumoto, Derek Sherinian, Rick Wakeman and Greg Hosharian (just to name a few). Just wondering if any of the other prog-rock keyboardists are feeling a bit endorsement-challenged these days? 😉